If you are currently on one of the medicine schemes with another pharmacy and are not satisfied, you can switch to McCartan’s pharmacies with no hassle.
Just ask the pharmacist in your local McCartan’s pharmacy.
We Promise To:
- accept all prescriptions
- have your prescription ready when needed
- offer discreet and expert advice on your prescribed medication
Fast Script- Pre-Order Your Prescription
- You can leave your repeat prescription with your local McCartan's pharmacy where it will be kept on file.
- This takes the hassle out of ordering your prescription.
- Just contact the pharmacy (either in person or by telephone) and order your prescription.
- Your prescription will then be ready and waiting for you to collect, saving you time waiting around the pharmacy.
- The pharmacist will tell you when your prescription needs to be renewed by your doctor.
Free Home-Delivery Prescription Service
- Take the hassle out of ordering and collecting repeat prescriptions by using our FREE home delivery service.
- McCartan’s Pharmacy can arrange for your medication to be dispensed and discreetly delivered direct to your home. This is ideal if you or someone you care for is housebound, elderly or has difficulty getting to the Pharmacy or for heavy/bulky items.
- Talk to your local McCartan’s Pharmacist today and see the difference it could make for you!
- *Selected stores - if you are incapacitated or can't for whatever reason collect your prescription in person we offer a free home-delivery prescription service. Contact your nearest McCartan's pharmacy for more details.
Blister packing-Weekly Dispensing
- Blister packing is a weekly dosage system designed to ensure you take the correct tablets at the right time of the day.
- Your medicines are dispensed in convenient 7 day packs, in separate compartments, according to the time of day you need to take them. Each time of the day is clearly marked on the tablet organiser pack - breakfast, lunch, dinner and bed, to ensure the right medication is taken at the right time.
- If your prescription is left in our pharmacy you can just give us a call and use our Fast Script service and we will have the medication ready and waiting for you in McMed trays when you need them.
- This service takes the stress and worry away from carers. This service ensures that the patient takes their correct medication at the correct time of the day. This service is perfect for:
- Patients with complicated medication regimens
- Those with Parkinson's, Alzheimer's diseases
- Those on more than three or more tablets
- Those who may forget to take their medication or have a tendency to take their medication more often than they should
- Carer’s who with many patients bon many different arrangements of tablets
- This service is free of charge and available in all McCartan's pharmacies. Ask in your local branch for more information.
- Many Over-The-Counter (OTC) medicines used for common ailments are available on the drug payments scheme and on the medical card.
- You can save money by asking your GP for a prescription for these products:
Solpadeine Capsules Lyclear Cream Fybogel Flixonase Spray Solpadeine Solubl Nizoral Shampoo Duphalac Zovirax Cream Paracetamol Silcock's Base Normacol Vermox Voltarol Gel Emulsifying Ointment Zirtek Liquifilm Tears Paralink Suppositories Aqueous Cream Clarityn Tears Naturale Gaviscon Hydrocortisyl Crea Alomide Drops Vidisic Gel Maalox Daktarin Vividrin Drops Gel Tears Motilium Canesten Beconase Spray Artelac Imodium
Ostomy and Urinary Appliances
- Many McCartan's pharmacists are experts in ostomy and urinary appliances.
- They will offer professional, discreet advice on how to use your appliance and address any questions you may have about hygiene, ill-fitting appliances, sizes and general stoma care.
- We stock a range of Bard, Simpla, Coloplast and Hollister ostomy appliances. If you have been prescribed a new product we can generally order it in for the following day.
- McCartan's pharmacies have a long history of dispensing fertility drugs to couples undergoing IVF. Many of these drugs come from specialist wholesalers. McCartan's pharmacies deal with all of these wholesalers which means getting your medication faster.
- The list of medications required are frequently long and confusing.
- Your local McCartan's pharmacist will be happy to take the time to explain what the medications are, what they are being used for and how and when to use them.
- McCartan's pharmacies have long experience in sourcing and dispensing travel vaccines and malaria prevention.
- If you require a quote for your vaccinations, your anti-malarial tablets and your other travel medicines (antibiotics, anti-diarrhoeals, insect-bite creams, mosquito- repellants) contact your local McCartan's pharmacy.
- Many people require specialist feeds due to food intolerances and for convalescence.
- McCartan's pharmacies stock a wide range of specialist food products ranging from specialist infant feeds, through adult food-intolerance feeds and on to nutritional supplements to aid convalescence and wound-healing.
- Many of these feeds are available on the government drug schemes.
Save on Medicines
McCartan's pharamcies are only too aware of the high cost of medicines in Ireland. We want to help our customers to minimise the cost of their medicines, without compromising their prescribed therapy. Outlined below are some ways to reduce your medicines bill. Please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
The Drugs Payments Scheme:
All Irish residents who do not hold a medical card are entitled to apply for a DPS card. This scheme means that any individual or family will not have to spend over €144 per calendar month for prescribed medicines.
If you are not currently registered, our staff would be happy to help you to apply. All you need to do is to fill out a DPS registration form, available in our pharmacies. To fill out this form you will need your PPS number and those of the other family members, if applying for a family.
Generic medicines are copies of original branded medicines. They contain the same ingredients as branded medicines, differing only in the name and price. Generic drugs must be therapeutically equivalent to the branded medicine. They must have the same composition and must have the same effect on the body as the brand leader.
Generic medicines are subject to the same tight controls as branded medicines. Before they can be launched on the Irish market they must be licenced by the Irish Medicines Board (www.imb.ie). They ensure that the generic product is bio-equivalent to the branded medicine and is of high quality, safe, and effective.
Generic medicines are cheaper because the companies that produce them do not have to spend the billions of euro required (in research, clinical trials, marketing etc.) in bringing a new product to market.
Even if you do not pay for your medicines (e.g. if you have a medical card), you can ask your doctor to prescribe generic equivalents of your branded medicines. This saves money for the HSE which means that it be better spent in other areas.
Tax Relief on Medicines:
Medical expenses (medicines, GP's fees, consultant's fees etc.) can be recouped against your tax. McCartan's pharmacy, at your request, can provide you with an annual print-out of all prescriptions dispensed for you or your family. This saves you the hassle of retaining all of your receipts.
We also keep MED 1 forms in stock, for your convenience.Toggle navigation
- accept all prescriptions